Monday, December 12, 2016

Career Development at UMSI


Last year in March when I came to Michigan for Visiting Days, I was really impressed by the offerings of the Career Development Office (CDO). It wasn’t just a job posting board. It was an entire office staffed with people dedicated to helping you achieve employment success. This was extremely important to me as I wanted my graduate degree to be a good investment, and I wanted additional guidance as I transitioned into a field that I didn’t know much about and had no contacts in. The CDO ended up playing a big role in my decision to attend UMSI.

Although, I’ve yet to finish up my first term, I’ve already taken advantage of the CDO to rehabilitate my resume and have attended on-campus events by various employers. I actually can't keep track of everything the CDO has going on (so many emails!). The extensiveness of the CDO, in my opinion, is unparalleled.

Some of the services the Career Development Office provides students include:
  • Resume and cover letter assistance
  • Mock interviews
  • Advising for summer internships
  • Employer recruiting events
  • iTrack, a job postings/event site specific to UMSI students

Get a better sense of the services the CDO provides students:



Learn more about the program’s job outcomes:



See the amazing 2016 employment outcomes:


To learn more about the Career Development Office please visit:
https://www.si.umich.edu/careers/career-development-office

3 comments:

  1. Though online MBA degree is nothing new, yet these are still some common problems and mistakes faced by the online MBA Degree students. Do not enroll in any unaccredited school as its degree may not be accepted by other universities/schools or even the future employers.good site

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writer has written this blog in the most artistic way. Splendid!
    Resumeyard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such great information. can you help me in finding out more detail on cbse schools in sector 57 gurgaon

    ReplyDelete