Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Alternative Spring Break 2015


Last week was spring break at the University of Michigan and many UMSI students participated in the annual Alternative Spring Break program. Students volunteered a week of their time to provide 2,900+ hours of service to organizations in Detroit, Jackson, Chicago, Washington D.C., and San Francisco. I was in Washington D.C. volunteering at the American Library Association Washington Office for Information Technology Policy. It was a fulfilling week of both learning and contributing to an organization and I was able to fit in plenty of sight seeing and good food!

Alternative Spring Break is a really unique part of the UMSI program and if you have any questions please head over to the Facebook group and ask! Current students are happy to talk about their experiences.

You can also read more about the organizations and projects here and see pictures and updates by following the #umsiasb15 or #umsiasb2015 hashtags on Twitter and Facebook.



6 comments:

  1. Professional dissertation editing services offer reliable assistance to Ph.D. students by refining and editing their dissertation for approval. Hiring an expert to edit your dissertation will help to make it flawless and accepted, which will earn you a doctorate degree.click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep sharing your information regularly for my future reference,given articles was very excellent and easily observe all provided information.





    Cheapest luxury student apartments | Accommmodation in Leicester for students

    StudentFM | student accommodation in chester

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph Obi | Alternative Medicine Professor | Doctor Obi | Alternative Health Professor | Dr Obi | Alternative Healthcare Professor | Joseph Chikelue Obi Alternative Medicine Doctor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks Retin A Creme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. https://cbd-ratgeberportal.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. chicago med season 5

    ReplyDelete