Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tips For Completing Your MSI Application


Happy New Year!  As the month begins, the application deadline for first consideration for UMSI scholarships is coming up quickly on Tuesday, January 15.  I remember very well from my experience as a prospective student last year how stressful this time can be so I would like to share some things I found helpful as I wrapped up my own application:

First, I would recommend looking at the application requirements page on the UMSI website to double-check that you have gathered all the necessary materials for your application.  Since there are multiple pieces required to complete your application, this page was helpful to me in making sure I didn’t forget to submit any of them.

If you have submitted your application already, you can also use this page to check which pieces have been received by UMSI admissions. Please note that it may take several days for us to process your application.  The admissions team begins processing around the January 15 early deadline, and appreciates your patience during this busy time.

I also found the UMSI Prospective MSI Students Facebook page (http://umsi.info/Fall13Facebook) to be an excellent resource for asking questions about the MSI program to current UMSI students since they have been through the application process before.  Other prospective students often had the same questions I did and the current MSI students and staff were always very helpful and happy to answer them.

I would also recommend having someone you trust proofread your essays and resume for grammar or spelling errors.  I read over my application several times before I submitted it but still failed to see a couple grammatical errors that someone else caught for me later, so an extra set of eyes can be valuable!

Also as I mentioned before, the application deadline for first consideration for UMSI scholarships is Tuesday, January 15 for those applying to the MSI program.  However, the final application deadline for Fall 2013 is May 1.

As always, if you have any questions as you are completing your application, make sure to contact us at umsi.admissions@umich.edu.

I wish you all the best of luck with your applications and again, a great new year!

-Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment